move feelings

Hi everyone,

Im a French journalist writing on English people relocating to France. Im trying to understand what seems to me a new trend and to do this, I need to get in contact with the most people I can so as I dont write wrong things. Ive already been in contact with British newly established near Carcassonne (aude), Le Grand Bourg (Limousin) and some about to move in Brittany and Charente.
Id be very interested to discuss with whoever would like about their experience, why and how theyve decided to do make the big step, why this region etc.
My photographer and I are also planning to report in England and see people there, explaining and showing why theyve decided to move.
Id really appreciate if you took a couple of minutes to discuss with me.
Thank you
Ccile

• 3 weeks later...
We bought a house in La Creuse 18 months ago with the intention of moving over as soon as we sell up here in the UK. I suspect that although everyone feels they have their own reasons for moving to France, they are probably all the same reasons. Ask any UK ex-pat "WHY" and they will usually mention the following.

Relaxed quality of life.
Weather.
Friendly people.
Less crime and vandalism.
Family oriented society.
Cost of living and housing.
Better roads.
Pride in the national identity.
Best Wine and food in the world.
Liberal outlook towards other people
and finaly, one of the most beautiful countries in Europe.

Other than that, I can't think of a single reason to move there.

Regards,

LesChirons (Bassman)

I wouldn't say that it was a new trend. Some 10 years ago it was noted that next to Italians, Brits were the next country to be buying French property. What has probably been a new trend is the British T/V showing so many French related series. Also with the advent of new Auto routes opening and less expensive flights from the U.K. into France and also the stirling being realistic against the Euro and not to forget the vast increase in the British property market. But having said all that I go along with the previous contributor. And agree that France has all the attractions she or he mentioned. By the way : Did you know that more French people live in Britain then British in France ?

Regards Royston

• 2 weeks later...
JOHN DAVIES & MRS MARIE DAVIES

WE HAVE RECENTLY PURCHASED A HOUSE IN DEPT. 87 WITH A PLAN TO RETIRE TO FRANCE AS SOON AS IS PRACTICAL (DIFFICULT TO DISPOSE OF A SMALL BUSINESS IN THE UK.) AT THE PRESENT TIME WE USE OUR HOUSE AS A HOLIDAY HOME UNFORTUNATLY NOT ENOUGH.
WE WOULD BE PLEASED TO ANSWER ANY OF YOUR QUERIES REGARDING OUR EXPERIENCES.

Hi

I've been going to the Creuse for the last 47 years...I will be moving over on a permanent basis late April.....looking for a job / finding a way to make a living etc. I speak fluent french so that is one major problem out of the way.....just all the others......If you want to discuss anything let me know and I`ll send you my french phone number....a bientot mon pot....