WHAT IS E LECLERC??

hi there, can anyone please tell me what they sell in e leclerc?  we are coming to france to finish our holiday house sale, and i believe there is an e leclerc in limoges.  just wondering whats available.  also, where is a good place to buy bits and bobs for a kitchen - utensil wise etc, and a good place to buy reasonably priced chests of draws.  ANY help will be very much appreciated.  thanks, anita (new zealand)

There is a LeClerc supermarket in La Souterraine and a LeClerc Brico type place in La Souterraine also which are nearer than Limoges.

They will also have stores in Limoges which are likely to be bigger. For chests of drawers etc it may be work going to Brocante type places which are dotted around the area. There is a large one in Limoges called Troc something. I can give you directions if you decide to go there. There is also a large Carfour supermarket and retail type park at junction 39 of the A20, just south of Limoges.

If you are going to kit out a whole house it may be worth going to IKEA, there is a large one in Bordeux. LeClerc have just commenced van rental in La Souterraine for around thirty euros per day. 

IKEA have a website you can have a look at and see the sort of stuff they sell prior to driving there.

If there is anything else I can help with let me know as you are coming a long way and obviously need your planning straight before you arrive.

The Leclerc hypermarket sells food, clothes, electricals, garden stuff, books, CD's, DVD's, stationery, some furniture, toys, etc.  Similar to Carrefour.

There are several depots de vente (secondhand warehouses) selling furniture, electricals, bric a brac, junk, clothes in Limoges and elsewhere. These are excellent for furnishing a home.  'Vide grenier' sales (car boot sales) are also quite frequent.

Adrian (87, nr St Leonard de Noblat).

You should find the following national stores in the area:  FLY.  BUT.  CONFORAMA  They all sell items of furniture, chinawear, kitchens, electric goods, televisions, computers, etc.,  NO FOODS.   You will also find Intermarche. Bricomarche. and many other large national stores similar to Tesco etc.  Don't worry , you will be able to find most things over here, you have to adjust obviously but that is not difficult.

Regards Le favets

www.ruralfranceholidays.com