Moving to Correze

Hello, we are hoping to buy & move to a property in the Correze department, does anyone have any information on that area, we don't have a lot of time to get over to see the area, what is it like, people, villages etc.  We would be grateful for any information.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Why this department?  The reason I ask is before we purchased our land we spent quite a few trips going around the area (the whole of the west coast by the time we had finished!) I'm glad we did as there is a difference in the three departments of Limousin.  Whilst we didn't actually get right into the Correze area as we all decided that we prefered the 'other side' and turned round!! Driving round though we all remarked how the villages were very tidy and neat and there are some lovely areas but it depends on what your preferences are but in the end the best advice is to make the time and look because it is quite varied.

By the way we ended up just over the border of Haute Vienne (beautiful) in the Dordogne!!

I'd agree with the above, although I do find the southern Haute Vienne weather a pain when it sets in to rain for days on end...........

We are JUST in the Haute Vienne, about 4km from the Dordogne. VERY beautiful countryside, but then, it is in the "Parc National Regional du Limousin-Perigord", aka, the "Pays des Feuillardiers".

Alcazar

• 1 month later...
Hi All also would like information on the Correze particularly the La grauliere and Uzerche areas as we are have just signed our compromis and hope to own our home by the end of April. Advice on good tradesmen especially welcome as it will be a real labour of love (we havent even seen it in sunshine yet!!) Any tips gratefully received