Assurance

BIG MAC

Hi once again,

€308.26...Seems a lot for house and contents Assurance however it maybe that as we have quite a few outbuildings these ramp up the risk.

Can anyone advise me the polite way to write to my Insurers and ask them what the 'Sums Insured' are?

Thanks for reading

I've just been looking at our buildings/content insurance which has gone up to 840€ this year so if yours is for building + content then it's cheap as far as I'm concerned. You say it includes outbuildings so I assume it's for buildings + content. Sorry can't help with the wording but surely sums insured should be written into your contract?

For quite a while I was being ripped off by a well known insurance company (well, probably their agent actually)  I would only get a reminder after the new period started!  For a modest home with some outbuildings they were charging €540 and more !!!

I shopped around on a price comparisom website and get better cover for €180 so I can only advise to shop around

[quote user="Spyder"]I've just been looking at our buildings/content insurance which has gone up to 840€ this year so if yours is for building + content then it's cheap as far as I'm concerned. You say it includes outbuildings so I assume it's for buildings + content. Sorry can't help with the wording but surely sums insured should be written into your contract?

[/quote] €840! Jeez do you live in the Eiffel Tower or the Louvre? I think shopping around is key as every year it seems to creep up yet we never make a claim.