Dog Obsession

Just Katie

Was in Perpignon yesterday.  Went into J (department store on corner).  In the food department was paying for my wine and to my horror the cashier had brought her poodle to work, tied him to her wheelie chair where he happily yapped to all customers.  I think this would earn your marching orders in tesco.

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

Why to your horror?  I don't think there are any Tescos in France.

[/quote]

Dont get me wrong my friend.  I love dogs, I have one myself a beautiful Rhodesian Ridgeback but I dont think they should be in shops with food barking at customers.  What if he dun a doo doo

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

Why to your horror?  I don't think there are any Tescos in France.

[/quote]

There is a Tesco in France, at Cite d'Europe near the end of the Channel Tunnel.   It just sells booze and is entirely patronised by Brits.  (It's also over-priced).  There's a Sainsburys not so far away too .........

I didn't listen to the card, honest

But, I am going crazy with the dogs. We had a huge message from the Mairie the other day, with cartoons demonstrating dogs doing their evil deeds, and while I was reading it, MOH was chasing three separate (but I think they work in league) dogs out the garden.

I do my weekly scrape up of the front area (which isn't fencible, the rest is and will be) and I walked over to talk with my neighbour carrying with me the double bag of it. Normally I would drop my Shovel and the bag, remove my gloves and mask.

She didn't bat an eyelid.

This is the cultural difference that is really getting me mad. It says on the letter, something like. "This is a terrible nuisance and we urge you to reprt any problems to your Mairie".

It says to owners "you must make all efforts to ensure your dogs (I loved that, plural!) do not make problems for your neighbours and other people whp may enter the commune".

She must have read it, shes an adjunct!