TAXE D'HABITATION NOT TAKEN FROM BANK ACCOUNT

florence

Hi

can anyone advise what to do. we have been paying taxe fonciere on line for some time, but when our 1st taxe d'habitation arrived last year, I couldn't seem to pay that online, so sent them the debit slip from the bottom of the bill, together with a RIB. Looking at our bank statement now, the monies have not been taken. what did I do wrong and how can I remedy it? I have sent an email to the tax office, but have not had a reply yet. Any help would be gratefully received.

If they are going to take the money it wont happen until 15 days after the last date for payment.

What do you mean by a debit slip?, do you mean an autorisation de prélèvement?

If so then you are supposed to send a copy to your bank allowing them to pay any demans from the créancier, in theory at least as I never do so and they just pay any Tomas, Richard or Arry that asks to take money from my account.

Hi Chancer

Thanks for this. Last payment date was 15 dec. i sent on 01. dec. I meant the perforated tear-off part at the bottom of the bill. I didn't send a copy to the bank, because I never have before, and as you say they always seem to pay out! Do you think it's too late to send anything to the bank, but of course I haven't got the slip now either.

Any other ideas?