UK tax reclaim form R43

mrsblack

i want to claim back tax taken in UK from savings. We are France tax resident and have been through the France Individual form system and HMRC know we are here etc. Please help . The form 43 asks for all sorts of details regarding income -pensions ,dividends and untaxed Uk savings -ISAs but these have all been taxed in france. Do I have to fill it all in or can I just fill in the taxed savings sums that I want to reclaim. Also dividend I thought they were all covered by the french system or can I claim back the tax credit?I am a retired teacher so I get a full SA form but Mr. B has to use the Form R43.basically I dont want to have to start collecting up all the little dividends sums from the French tax year and rearranging them all into the UK tax year. Any  and all advice welcome. Thanks.

I filled in the complete form but added notes for those items where they have been taxed in France, or where they are taxed in the UK but declared as such in France.

So yes it is a bit of a pain disentangling the UK and French tax years.

"Also dividend I thought they were all covered by the french system or can I claim back the tax credit?"

If you are a basic rate taxpayer.... no

If you are a higher rate taxpayer...yes

This will explain the situation for you for 2015. Next year (2016) the system changes to This

regards

cajal