On This Day

Furry Knickers

LOL Only broken ones and the rounded side up as if they are full pot that is half buried. And sometimes just the neck and shoulders sticking out and I get husband to stick a plant of some sort in the hole. I don't have lots but I have planted a few. So no weeds and I give them a wipe occassionaly. My only success in the garden.

EDIT  I only plant nice looking ones, not your run of the mill red ones.

Hey, Mrs Animal, Did you not know that picture of Beryl's is a Mouse Eared Flying Pied fantail Fish that is only normaly found in the waters of Bala lake in Wales? And do you think that Rumgirl is alright?

I never knew that you could grow plant pots! When I was a young lad back in Kildare, me 3rd guinea pig (Marion) passed away during a very cold winters night. I was devastated to find her on the same morning that I first heard Cilla Black singing 'You Are Me World' After we buried Marion,  I asked me Mammy "will Marion grow again now we have planted her in the garden"  Me mammy looked at me and said "Marion will grow into a grand big Geranium in the spring" and sure enough, we had a lovely geranium grow in the very spot that poor Marion lay.  I called the geranium 'Georgina' in remembrance of me dearly loved guinea pig. And now everytime I hear that Cilla Black song, It brings back wonderful memories of our time together back in Kildare.

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

Well there you go, I missed this thread, my fish ears didn't hear a thing.  I wonder if Napoleon planted pots, he must have done something to keep himself busy.  I quite fancy that idea, but I was wondering TU, how do you stop the weeds growing in them?

Edit : For some time I have been wondering what Beryl's avatar is.  Now maybe it's time to ask.  Is it a fish with ears?

[/quote]

It looks like a somersaulting killer whale to me.  I prefer FK's suggestion though...[;-)]

Dearest, Lovely, Mrs Animal

I hope you don't mind me talking to you during daylight hours, but I am at home and not very well! I have the spots again! As I am confined to me bed I have decided to write a song that you inspired with your delightful wondering! It is about a mischevious little Butterfly that is in a constant state of wonderment, and it is entitled 'The Butterfly Daze'  I often wonder about things too! I was gazing at me gorgeous Weigelia last sunday, and thought to meself "I wonder how plants make love to each other" I then went inside and wrote a song about a Chiliean Potato Plant that falls in love with a Lavetera after meeting in a garden centre in High Wycombe.

Have you eaten surreals for breakfast? are they like them congereals? I am a vegetarian now, so I could not eat another living creature. I felt bad about eating them spring onions this morning, as they are living things too!

[kiss]

Oh no, FK, I don't want you to be unwell.  Have some surreals and write some songs and poems to make you feel better.  You know how I love them.

I don't like to think you're sick, it just ain't healthy !

[kiss]   [kiss]   [kiss]   [kiss]   [kiss]   [kiss]   [kiss]

The first electric trams started operating in London, this day in 1882!  Also on this day in 1003, Brian Boru made it illegal to shave the beards of ginger haired leprechauns in County Clare. Most people got round this by crossing into County Limerick, in order to shave their leprechauns.

Thank you for the lovely get well dog, Mrs Animal [kiss]  I only have 2 spots left now, but they are concealed by me clothing, and can only be viewed when they are removed. 

[kiss]