Mum's big Mongolian Adventure . . .

Chateau Miaou

Well, I wasn't really sure where to post this - I just wanted to let folks know about my mum's big adventure starting this week. 

A bit of background:  we (me, my partner Willie + my mum) live permanently in France and lost my dad to cancer in June last year.  Mum's really struggled to cope since losing dad and she decided to apply for a short-term posting with the VSO last September.

This September, she was offered a 6-month posting to Mongolia, starting at the end of October - she's going to be an Education Management Advisor, working in Choi Balsan, where the temperature will vary between -4 and -50 degrees between Nov + April!!

We're really proud of what she's doing, and wanted to let folks know about it - she's set up a blog to record her adventure so, if you're interested in reading about it, you can check it out on http://kayess.velocityblog.com/  [8-|][8-|]

Hi guys,

Merci for all the good wishes/e-mails/posts to her blog  [8-|] - we're still waiting for her passport to arrive (in time for her to fly to London tomorrow, then Moscow - Ulaanbaatar on Friday) although we're reliably informed it arrived in Toulouse this morning, so should be here first thing tomorrow - fingers crossed!

I've just checked the Meteo for Ulanbaatar for the next week . . . it's going to be a high of -2 degrees / low of -11 degrees by Saturday  [blink]  . . . she's heading for the first thermal knickers store she sees when she gets there [:-))]