Marshmallows - degoutants?

Colonel Mustard

Here's something to sharpen your turkey-addled brains. What is the difference between a cake and a biscuit? Marks & Sparks and HMRC are in dispute over marshmallows. Are they cakes or biscuits? (Apparently they attract different tax rates). And does anyone agree with me that marshmallows are disgusting? And why are they called marshmallows anyway? What has this disgusting confection got to do with a rather pretty little flower? And if Marie-Antoinette had said Qu'ils mangent les marshmallows, would she have saved her neck, the Parisian mob too busy arguing whether she had told them to eat cakes or biscuits?

[quote user="Colonel Mustard"]Here's something to sharpen your turkey-addled brains. What is the difference between a cake and a biscuit? Marks & Sparks and HMRC are in dispute over marshmallows. Are they cakes or biscuits? (Apparently they attract different tax rates). And does anyone agree with me that marshmallows are disgusting? And why are they called marshmallows anyway? What has this disgusting confection got to do with a rather pretty little flower? And if Marie-Antoinette had said Qu'ils mangent les marshmallows, would she have saved her neck, the Parisian mob too busy arguing whether she had told them to eat cakes or biscuits?[/quote]

They're called shamallows in France.

I find them rather addictive, so I seldom buy them![:D]