Pink Floyd

Bugsy

[quote user="Cathy"] Was anyone else at Knebworth in 1975 when they played Dark Side of the Moon, all the way through?  I was sufficiently up the hill not to have to stand up and listened to it all, lying on my back watching the stars.[/quote]

Hi Cathy, I wasn't allowed to go far from home in '75 (age 13) but saw the Floyd play in 1990 at Knebworth [8-|] and also at Maine Road (footie stadium?) in Manchester - can't remember the year, late 80s, maybe even 1990 too? 

Lying on your back watching the stars sounds like a great way to listen to any of their music <note to self - go look out Pink Floyd CDs, long overdue for an airing . . . > [:D]

I watched the recent TV documentary on PF, expecting to be entertained (I loved most of their pre-Wall music and still play it when the mood is right) but I was disappointed. Most of it was about Bennett's departure and the guilt the others seem to feel about him. They came up with various reasons for his bizarre behaviour (mainly that pills had stewed his brains) but I now suspect he was simply bored to death by the dullness of the rest of the band. From watching the old footage, they struck me as boring old farts even when they were young.

[quote user="Bugbear"][quote user="Cathy"]

.............................................and listened to it all, lying on my back watching the stars.

[/quote]

Oh, you're that Cathy.............................[Www][:)]

[/quote]

Professor Bugbear - contain yourself. [kiss]

[quote user="Alan Zoff"]

but I now suspect he was simply bored to death by the dullness of the rest of the band. From watching the old footage, they struck me as boring old farts even when they were young.

[/quote]

Well that theory's as good as the rest I suppose. [:D]

But Floyd never were a bad-boy in-yer-face rock band, which is why I was never really mad about them and never bothered to see them live, although apparently, The Wall concerts were amazing. They were always more pure music than mad personalities.

Ah, poor old Syd - he's in guitar heaven now......

Having lived, in England, just over the way from David Gilmour, I can assure you they aren't really dull [;-)].

I agree about Syd - but if he hadn't imploded we'd probably not have had Dave.

I know a mouse who hasn't got a house
I don't know why I call him Gerald
He's getting rather old but he's a good mouse

It takes true genius to write lyrics like that.