Question on tax credit for new boiler

Jazzer

In November last I changed to a condensing boiler, and luckily due to a change of mind by the Government I am entitled to a tax credit. I have read so much on various government websites I have manged to confuse myself. If someone has gone through the process, I would appreciate some help. If I am right I can claim all on the bill apart from labour. The invoice itself to be retained for production to the revenue should they request it. From my old paper based 2042 I can't see a Travaux" section but assume it will appear on the online version.

We had a condensing boiler installed a long time ago - ?2006? Plus whole heating system.

If I remember rightly the plumbing company ( french registered) gave me a document to send off to the tax people and we received a cheque soon after.

I think the amount was equivalent to the 20% vat tax that would otherwise have been charged on the price of the boiler itself. Not the labour or other parts (eg pipes, radiators.)

I could be wrong, and the rules might have changed, but I do remember being pleasantly surprised. 

Jazzer there is a special form for tax credits - though I have forgotten which. There is little to fill in on it .. the correctly filled in facture from the supply/ installation company tells you where to input the necessary details.

Edit: 2042 RICI is the form you want

You are correct regarding materials only claims.

To implement your claim

Select:

Form # Travaux dans l'habitation principale : Dépenses pour la transition énergétique.

Section CHARGES.

On page:

SELECTIONNEZ CI-DESSOUS LES RUBRIQUES QUE VOUS SOUHAITEZ FAIRE APPARAITRE .

This will now show up on Form 2042 under Prefix 7 as

TRAVAUX DANS L'HABITATION PRINCIPALE : DÉPENSES POUR LA TRANSITION ÉNERGÉTIQUE

I suspect you will need to enter your claim under 'Économies d'énergie' in either:

box 7CB - Chaudière à haute performance énergétique

or

box 7AD - Chaudières à micro-cogénération gaz

depending on your boiler.

It would be advisable to approach your boiler supplier/installer for the appropriate Impot documentation for this claim.