Furnished UK Rental declaring for French Impots

handy38

Hi all, thanks again for all the messages,

Can people confirm if they are are deducting the UK income tax personal allowance e.g. 11,500 (2017 tax year) to obtain their net rental for 4BA, 4BL and 8TK?

For the last two years, I have been reporting a net rental income on my french tax return without deducting any personal allowance(s) (I've only been accounting for *allowable/deductable expenses*.).

No. That's your UK tax allowance and nothing to do with your French return.

If you declare your income net of expenses in those boxes then you have to back that up with the detail on the 2044 form. If you declare micro fonciere then you don't deduct expenses - just declare the gross income and they allow 30% for expenses.

BritinBretagne: "What? UK income is declared on the 2047 not the 2044."

If you declare rental income net as foncieres, not gross as micro foncieres, then you also have to complete the 2044 form, to back up the net figure you've declared.

"Si vous avez des revenus fonciers, précisez sur la déclaration 2047 (cadre 4) l’adresse de vos propriétés situées hors de France. Puis, déclarez les revenus provenant de ces propriétés sur la déclaration 2044 , dans les mêmes conditions que les revenus encaissés en France. Reportez les résultats au paragraphe 4 de la déclaration 2042."

https://www.impots.gouv.fr/portail/particulier/questions/comment-seront-imposes-mes-revenus-percus-de-letranger

You don't get any choice when you declare it online as it takes you to that form automatically.