Air Miles

JohnRoss

Well we have got some of these and would like to keep them to use some day. Problem is that if you don't get at least one Air Mile every two years you loose them and the two years is nearly up. It seems to me that we have two options, three if you count loosing them! One would be to buy something on-line to get more Air Miles and therefore be ok for another two years. The second would be to use the Air Miles to buy something but flights and other holiday stuff just not possible just now. The only goods I can see that you can use Air Miles to purchase seems to be wine delivered to a UK address which is ok if one wanted to be nice to someone but I would rather be nice to us!

So the questions are:

1/ Who can I buy stuff from on-line from the UK and delivered to France to get Air Miles?

2/ Can I use Air Miles to buy stuff on-line apart from wine delivered to a UK address and if I can where from and must it be delivered to a UK address or could it be delivered here?

If anyone knows owt about this would be grateful if you could pass the info on.......................JR

My conclusion was that wine was the only thing you could get with your airmiles apart from holidays, hotel stays and experiences etc. I was hoping someone would come back and say that you could use airmiles to get items other than wine but maybe not then!........................JR

I received a letter saying my airmiles are about to expire, so to use them up I phoned to make a eurostar booking. They wanted an additional £30 to re activate the account because I hadn't used it in the last year! Cheaper to buy the ticket direct.

The good news, however, is that if you have a family member with a current airmiles account you can use just one of their airmiles to get things moving without the penalty fee, but I think it means they have to travel too. It's doing my head in, but at least my daughter may get to do some Christmas shopping in France (at my expense).