Forum Member cooperlola

cooperlola2

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just closing my computer down to return to the UK and saw this. I am so sorry to hear the news about Coops, she is certainly one of the warmest and kindest forum members and very much liked and respected by all. My thoughts are with her as well as you Mr. Coops.  I hope to see her back on line and on form when I next log in.

I will always be in awe at the way that cooperlola gave so much of her time and energy to the health issue; without the u-turn for current residents I would have had a constant worry about my health care situation.  She seems such a positive, knowledgeable, caring person and hopefully with such strength of character she will make a speedy recovery.  Regards Hester.

Just a minor update, having spoken to Rouen at 16.30. I had a call this morning asking what blood group Deb is! Not quite my field, so they had to do a test. It emerges that they were giving her a transfusion because she was losing a little, and they wanted to x-ray the arteries in the right knee, where much work must be done. Evidently the x-ray was good, so I think we may expect the op quite soon. I am pencilled in for a visit tomorrow, but will only go if they are confident that I can see her.

Thanks to all for the kind and encouraging messages. Today everything I've done has felt like the deckchair re-arrangement on the Titanic. Being strong is needed, and your support helps. I am lucky that we have a number of Brits hereabouts who are stepping forward, so I am not alone.

More anon.

Ian

I'm really pleased the news is positive, Ian.

Someone mentioned earlier donating money for flowers. I think that might get a bit complicated but it occurs to me that Deb is going to be a bit immobile for a few weeks so when things have settled a little and you can discuss things with her, perhaps we (us lot here on the forum [:P]) could send little "care parcels" of books, dvds, etc, to keep her sane and occupied during her recovery at home. [:)]

If that sounds like a good idea, tell us.

Ian - the FHI team have now caught up with your very bad news about Debs.  We will keep up to date with you and probably post something on the FHI site after we hear more definitive outlook from you after your visit on Thursday.  You can write to the FHI mailbox at any time and we will also check here for updates.

All love to Debs  - Julie