Help with tax form please.

Cathar Tours

Due to his incapacity due to health issues my father is unable to complete his French tax return this year. I am currently visiting him and trying to sort it out for him and I do have five questions.

1) (Form 2048K - Section 6) "CSG déductible connue, calculée sur les revenues du patrimoine. Si ce est inexact, corrigez case 6DE." there is a figure in this box and as far as I can translate it is something to do with a legacy which I do not believe he has so what is it about? It was on last years form as well but a lesser amount.

2) He normally gets a "Form 2042CK sent to him where he puts his income from his B&B into box 5NG but this year there is no form so does that mean he does not have to declare it. If he does how do I get this form (bit of detail please in simple terms like a link because as I don't have a clue)? It is a small amount, under 2k, but I guess it still has to be taxed.

3) He got his UK state pension last year for the first time. I am told the French consider the UK state pension a social payment so where does this go (Form and box number please.).

4) He also activated his military pension last year and he is obliged to pay tax on it in the UK so again which form and box please.

5) I notice from his bank statements they started taking 75 Euros per month of him this year with a reference to his "Fiscal" number, what's that about?

I am here till Monday morning and I would really like to get this sorted before I go home. Hopefully next year I can do it online for him.

Hi CT

1.  ?  will look this evening if not sorted (maybe he took lump sum with military pension and spread it over 4 years)

2. Sup forms available on the impotgov site  https://www.impots.gouv.fr/portail/formulaire/2042/declaration-des-revenus

3. 2047 1. Pensions 1AM  Royaume Uni tick Prive 2042 1. Pensions 1AM

4. 2047 1. Pensions 1AL Royaume Uni tick Public also 6. Credit Francais Royaume Uni Militaire 8TK 2042 1. Pensions 1AL 8. Divers 8TK

5. Advance payments

also tick on 2042 box 2OP if in tax band 1 or 2 less than 27k ish
and 2042 8. Divers box 8SH if he holds an S1

re no 1: Unless you know otherwise leave the box as is. The number comes from last year's tax.

Also worth mentioning that if there are any non-french bank accounts, these need to be declared on form 3916. No financial details required, just name of bank and account numbers. Source of form not far from that given by David above.

Thanks very much for the help. much appreciated.

Found the form for the B&B, strange it seems to have gone from four sides to eight now! Still the right box is there which is what I wanted.

I can't find 2042(K) 8SH on the form (we are talking a paper form here) and he has an S1.

I can't find 2047 could you help with a link please, thank you.

He does have a UK bank account for his military pension so I can sort that out, I have his bank statement for the account details.

Tea time now and I will do this tomorrow morning and post here if I get any issues.

Hi CT
2047 = https://www.impots.gouv.fr/portail/formulaire/2047/declaration-des-revenus-encaisses-letranger
Looks like the paper 2042 has not been updated, just write "Titulaire de Formulaire S1 (E121), donc pas a la charge de L'Assurance Maladie" on the form.
Kong is spot on with no 1, missed it in haste 'csg deductable" should be shown on his last avis if you want to check it.

As in theory he should not be paying tax on last year's income, no one is, unless it is an exceptional amount, but only on this years........ ....... he may not owe much of anything this year as we are still quite early in the tax year.

As I said, 'in theory'......... but overnight I have wondered if they would do that with him having left France.  And be basxxxds and base it on last years income.

The french are rotten conniving experts at stealth taxing.

I hope that who ever deals with it, plays fair. Good luck!

• 3 years later...
  1. The CSG déductible connue, calculated on heritage revenues, is a French social security contribution that applies to certain types of income, including certain types of investment income. If your father does not have any such income, you should indicate this by correcting the information in case 6DE.
  2. If your father does not receive a Form 2042CK, it may mean that he does not have to declare income from his B&B for this tax year. However, it's best to check with the tax service as there may be different rules depending on his specific situation.
  3. The UK state pension is considered a social payment in France and should be reported on Form 2042 (section 2, case 1AI).
  4. The military pension should also be reported on Form 2042 (section 2, case 1AI).
  5. The 75 euros per month that is being taken from his bank account is likely a monthly pre-payment of his taxes. The "Fiscal" number is likely a reference to his French tax identification number. It is best to reach out to the French tax service for more specific information, as rules and regulations may change. They may also have a guide or an online platform for non-residents which might make it easy for you to file taxes for your father next year.