solar telephone charger

Gemonimo

I bought one in Auchan on promo but it needs good sunlight before it charges and not terribly good. Small fold in half job it also has space for batteries which makes it more reliable although batteries don't last long, I wonder if it charges rechargeables RTFM

EDIT: RTFM says nicads or NiMn so yes it charges them too.

Thanks Theiere.  I'm beginning to think I should just leave the phone behind but six weeks is a loooooong time to be out of contact and if Sweets or I have a 'malaise' en route....... It's not the weight of my own charger which is a problem, it's just that in some refugios there will be zillions of people and probably only one plug (to go with the single lavatory and single douche)........

There are some wind up chargers (some wind up torches too) a few minutes winding up Sweets with the whiring sound and you won't need the phone you'll get the message [;-)]

Maybe pack a multiway plug turning one socket into many [I]

I HAVE seen a picture of a wind-up charger with adaptable thingy for all makes of mobiles on here some months ago.

Now that I have stopped spending 90% of my waking moments tending to my insect bites, I'll do a search later.

Meanwhile, to save time, if anyone knows of one, please post.