Four Rooms (not four candles or handles for forks)

bettyboop

TV programme on last night, basically if you have something to sell, dealers in 4 seperate rooms who will offer you money, if you say no and leave the room you cannot return so....

last night 2 lads had a 'Banksy' Wall, they paid £30,000 for it in 2009 and they wanted to sell it, the 2nd dealer offered £240,000 for it (the most any Banksy Wall had ever been sold for) and the greedy so and so's said NO...the other dealers offered £38,000 and £75,000

know what I would have done

Also on the programme - a hangmans noose for sale (eugh), a nose cone from concorde,Superman Collection etc

Wonder if I could sell Hubby lol

What would you sell ??

This program exceeded expectations. I thought Simon Cowell was bad, I have winced at the self aggrandising statements by would-be Apprentices but the 'Dragons' in these rooms must qualify for Oscars in self confidence (or being up themselves).

'if somebody pays more than me they have got it wrong' says the guy who paid 5 times more than anybody else offered for a chunk of Concorde metal.

'I am a straight talker' says the guy who leans forward with full dramatic intent and intones 'final offer...£240,000' pauses for thirty seconds then says 'squeeze me' (which I and the vendors interpreted as 'come back with a counter offer).

On balance I have more respect for orange-skin auction room guy. At least he doesn't take himself so seriously.