Hospital Bill

Mr Coeur de Lion

For some reason, I have to provide proof of immunisation against MMR and Hep B. So I went to the hospital last week and they took some of my blood to test for it.

Yesterday, I received a bill for these tests. I was expecting around $200 - $300 which my insurance would cover and I wouldn't have any problems with paying if I had to.

Bill came back at $3000!

I nearly had a heart attack (thankfully I didn't, they are a lot more apparently).

Anyway, I called the hospital and as I am a student on zero income, they cover the total cost and also give me hospital coverage free for a whole year.

God bless America...

Very relieved.

Hi Richard,

How's it going?

Wow! $3000, you must stop using these Beverly Hills hospitals.

My wife had a pretty nasty tick bite in FL, as a precaution a blood sample was tested for Lyme disease, total cost including doc fees around $200.

It's going great thanks :) Looking to propose on 4th July.

I guess your wife had health insurance? My gf kept telling me it would be expensive (she's in the healthcare game), but even she couldn't believe it would be that much.

I still might need the Hep B shots so it will come out to be more.

Good luck for July 4.

Insurance not used for the $200 (cash). Doc had a small practice out in the sticks and I asked for a discount for the initial $350 quote.

Hep B shots, rather you than me. I sometimes had a reaction to them.