Galicia Sant Iago Saint Jacques

pachapapa

@ Gem&Sweet

Shades of the camino de santiago as last night the celebrations for the day of galicia started with a fantastic son et lumière with the cathedral as back drop, followed by plentiful fireworks.

All on RTVG on line and on satellite.

This morning starting shortly at 10:15 the transmission live of the formal mass for St James the patron saint of santiago and Galicia.

Thanks, Pacha.  I know that I have had no joy with getting Spanish TV here but I expect Gem's managed to watch.

Strangely enough, Galicia was my least favourite bit on account of all the noisy crowds and holiday makers, Santiago itself being excepted of course!

Muchas gracias, Pacha.  Spectaculo!

Brought back wonderful, wonderful memories....

Was at the Quack's today, getting my usual prescription for asthma (and thank you, Clair and others, for telling me I could have the ordonance renewed more than once) when I had to make out the cheque for payment.  When I realised, I remembered your post, I told the doctor (lovely chap, not my usual man but a locum) that today was the fete of St Jacques.

He got out his calendar and checked it out for himself.  Then I told him about last year's pelerinage and he was suitably and gratifyingly impressed (LOL) and said that it was hard enough DRIVING it.

Then, I got my prescription and two kisses [:D]

Oh, such an unforgettable experience...............

Oh, Gem, I thought of you today and of my two friends across the pond!

I could never, ever forget the incredible experience and, as you might have guessed, I thought of my Camino House and I was filled with joy and gratitude.