Great Euro Crisis - again

just john

[quote user="Quillan"]

As to Greece, well I think we can all see now where it's going and quite frankly rather than drag it all out causing pain and uncertainty it might be better to 'push' them rather than wait for them to 'jump'. [/quote]

Would this then mean that Greece could then say 'we were about to sort it out and by kicking us out of the Euro you have made matters worse'

[quote user="Chancer"][quote user="Quillan"]

There are also electronic 'micro chips' added to the cotton fibres that identify the notes (one reason why now you can put Euro notes in to a hole in the wall any way round, you used to have to put them in at a specific orientation before) this system is called RFID (Radio Frequency Identity Device).[/quote]

Mmm [Www]

Perhaps someone is pulling your chain? I have been out of the game a few years and would be delighted to be proved wrong but I dont think that RFID tags have yet been miniaturised to fibre level, yes the chip and recieving loop is now quite thin and also cheap, look at the one in the new passports, if you have bought any T shirts etc from Decathlon you are likely to be wearing a RFID unless you have removed the sewn on tags (they do tell you to do so) but at bank note level I would be surprised, although as I said happy to be proved wrong.

[/quote]

I found the info on http://www.fleur-de-coin.com/eurocoins/rfid.asp

[quote user="PaulT"][quote user="Quillan"]

As to Greece, well I think we can all see now where it's going and quite frankly rather than drag it all out causing pain and uncertainty it might be better to 'push' them rather than wait for them to 'jump'. [/quote]

Would this then mean that Greece could then say 'we were about to sort it out and by kicking us out of the Euro you have made matters worse'

[/quote]

Probably [;-)]