Happy Birthday to Meeeeeeeeeeee!

Clair

[quote user="Sprogster"]Happy Birthday Clair.

You might want to consider an alternative form of lower impact excercise as according to a recently published clinical study, road jogging is not recommended for the fifty plusses, as it can often knacker your knees and hips exacerbated by natural bone loss as you age. Apparently, brisk walking is preferable and just as effective, or if you want to continue running jogging machines are a better option being softer than a road surface.[/quote]

Thanks for your good wishes, Sprogster [:)].

I actually follow a "Couch to 5k" program, which alternates brisk walks and light jogs, and is designed to bring couch-potatoes like me to fitness over a period of 9 weeks.

The 'circuit' I walk-jog is a mix of country paths and road around the house , and I have not suffered any aches or pains from my hips or knees since I started a few weeks ago.

As far as my ankle is concerned, today brought some pains, which I choose to read as a sign that the repairs are under way! The swelling is greatly reduced and I can walk without difficulty.

The last time I had ankle trouble, I had to have it in plaster for 6 weeks and it took over 2 years for the pain to subside [:'(]

This injury is a pain in the bum! I was really getting into keeping track of my progress and I'll have to start all over again...

[quote user="Clair"]This injury is a pain in the bum! I was really getting into keeping track of my progress and I'll have to start all over again...

[/quote]

As there are many of us here wishing you well, I think you should clarify for us whether the pain is in your ankle or your bum?[8-)]

[quote user="sweet 17"][quote user="Clair"]This injury is a pain in the bum! I was really getting into keeping track of my progress and I'll have to start all over again...[/quote]

As there are many of us here wishing you well, I think you should clarify for us whether the pain is in your ankle or your bum?[8-)][/quote]

If it's not too cheeky ([Www]), I'll say that the sore bum is caused by having to remain seated as a result of the ankle injury...

There! [:P]

[quote user="gardengirl "]Happy birthday to you chickens! I've missed all the celebrations due to no internet.

I heard today that the new news is that coffee is very good for you - two cups per day. So maybe try that instead of jogging etc?  [:D][/quote]

Belated thanks, Gardengirl [:)].

I have just come back from the doc's, ten days after my mishap. He  has been a  jogger for years and is the one who recommended light jogging to me!!

He pursed his lips and sucked air in, then declared I had badly torn ligaments...[:'(]

I have a prescription for anti-inflammatory gel, ibuprofen and a special ankle support to be worn at all times...

I have another 2 weeks of enforced rest before I can start going out for walks [:'(]

I'll take your advice and stick to coffee in the meantime! [:D]

Torn ligaments = soft tissue damage, so NOT good.

Why didn't you just break your ankle instead?[8-)]  At least, with broken bones, the recovery is more predictable.

If you had a choice next time, Clair, do take the easy option!

In the meantime, Happy Convalescence [:)]

[quote user="sweet 17"]Torn ligaments = soft tissue damage, so NOT good.

Why didn't you just break your ankle instead?[8-)]  At least, with broken bones, the recovery is more predictable.

If you had a choice next time, Clair, do take the easy option!

In the meantime, Happy Convalescence [:)][/quote]

It doesn't even hurt, I swear!

In future, I'll stick to the 2 cups of black coffee GardenGirl recommended... [Www]