I- Pad help, please.

woolybanana

You are possibly logged in with an account used for purchases in iTunes France.

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen to view your Apple ID.

Log out by touching the Apple ID field, then Disconnect.

To view iTunes UK on your iPad, you need a separate ID (same with iTunes US), to be used exclusively for the UK or US site.

Frankly, this is easier to do on a laptop/PC:

Go to iTunes Store on your laptop/PC

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click on the flag.

Choose your country in the new page.

You will need a new Apple ID for purchases.

If you prefer not to enter a payment card for your new Apple ID, select a free app in the chosen country and follow the prompts.

If you do enter a payment card, you can cancel it later in your account page.

If you have 3g, you might be interested in the free version of the GPS app I use (I mentioned it a while back in a "Which GPS?" thread). It has a small ad banner at the top, but works in the same way as the paying version:

http://www.navmii.com/

Without 3g, it works in the same way as Google Maps.

As far as posting on the forum is concerned, the reply text is going to be tiny and the quotes won't work, same as using a Mac.

You can train your iPad to retain your passwords.

Bless you, Clair, but if it doesnt cooperate this thing is going to hit the wall, hard.

It wont take a UK credit card with a French address, it wont accept my Yahoo mail, it wont ....... It seems to be managed by imbecilic backwoods Americazn heroes who think that God lives in the potty under the bed!

Grump

[quote user="woolybanana"]Bless you, Clair, but if it doesnt cooperate this thing is going to hit the wall, hard.

It wont take a UK credit card with a French address, it wont accept my Yahoo mail, it wont ....... It seems to be managed by imbecilic backwoods Americazn heroes who think that God lives in the potty under the bed!

Grump[/quote]

Hello Grumpy,

I think you should just leave it alone for tonight!

I don't have any experience of setting up a Yahoo account on the iPad, but I have set up Gmail and Hotmail accounts to work in sync with my laptop.

Have you downloaded the iPad guide? More suggestions HERE.

To bypass the credit card address hurdle, tell your nearest and dearest you want an iTunes card for your birthday!

iTunes is a pain, but it gets easier once you understand (and accept) its limitations [:D]

Both the kids have itouches and they have synched their accounts on their dad's computer. They then wanted me to download and put some songs on their itouches. Of course, once I synched their itouches to their laptops, all hell broke loose with itunes, which complained bitterly at me.

I eventually walked away, tail between me legs and went to the comparative comfort of my Android phone.

[quote user="woolybanana"]

Bless you, Clair, but if it doesnt cooperate this thing is going to hit the wall, hard.

Grump

[/quote]

I'm writing this on an iPad, 2. No 3G, however I can pick up my Yahoo email and use the quote function here. If I want to see the posting box here larger I just use my fingers to enlarge it ( if you know what I mean) I can't

use smileys though.....

Sorry I can't help you with the Cc problem.........

I have the same problem with quotes when using my iPad, RH. I think it is largely down to the Safari browser. I had the same problem posting from my iMac till i changed my forum browser to Firefox.

Glad Wooly has got his apps sorted...

Angela