Should 'fat' food be taxed in the UK?

Quillan

ROFLPMP Really I am. This is now the grumpy oldies thread and I think it is hilarious.

My Dad always said that people ate far better during the war than before it, he meant working class people and it has been proved to be so. He also says that he and his generation are living too long and too many of his generation are now unfit or worse, mentally unfit and that is just plain wrong. It isn't as if I always agree with him, but on former, I think I do.

Kids, well, a new generation who will deal with their futures or not and will be the ones who perhaps have to deal with 'ours' if we all keep on living so long especially if we are no longer in very good nick.......... and what  a thought that is![6]

Worry not of the future, it will take care of itself, or not, and that is the way it always has been.

Why is it that people believe that it is eating fat that makes you fat when the main culprit is often too many carbohydrates especially sugar. It seems to me that we often just have too much on our plates and just eating a little less would be healthier.

With regard to eating potatoes I found in Sweden it was common to serve boiled potatoes with their skins on but people would then scrape the skin off before eating them. Less wastage than peeling them before cooking.

I have seen statistics that show that people were healthier on the wartime rations than before or since. Dental health was especially good due to the reduce consumption of sugar.