Living and working

Mikeholton

Hello all.
This is my first post on this site and any help is much apriciated.
I'm a builder/contractor and would love to move my family and buisness over to france and would like to know if i need to register my buisness if i am only working on my own property.
Yours
Mike Holton

I wouldn't think that there is any need to go through the process of setting up a business if you only intend to work on your own house.

However if you intend to sell it after you have rebuilt it, or if you want to do similar work for other people, then it may well be in your interests to register. But you have to think too of the very high social security cotisations French businesses have to pay.

Will (50)

Oh Mike...... where were you when we needed you??? Looked for ages for a builder who could repair our gatepost, bashed into by our friendly EDF. Hope you are going to settle in our area, the Haute Savoie.......wonderful, and a closely guarded secret for those who don't know it. Keep us posted where you will be located.

Thank you for replying to my post.
After reading the various messages posted on this and many other french property forums on the net,it does seem that there are very few builders/plumbers and electricians available. Why is this, are the regulations and authorities realy that difficult?
I'm experienced in all aspects of the building trade (carpentary/plumbing/wiring/drainage/plastering etc...) and i would be pleased to help anyone with any problems that they may have. Is there any web sites that would give me information on french regulations to plumbing/wiring as i know that they differ from those over here.
Will post again soon
Mike Holton