M&S outlet

idun

I am not keen on M&S anymore but in the past I have occasionally looked at their outlet web site, and this I have just done.

I remembered that the odd thing I had ordered had come via Amazon, so when I saw M&S outlet at Amazon, I clicked on it. I was using Yahoo as a search engine.

To say I was rather surprised and highly amused when I opened the page would be an understatement. It is a while since I have been in an M&S store, but surely they have not changed to that extent and I most certainly could not see a classic button up cardigan at first glance, and decided not to continue looking as I really had seen enough.

Still this very odd page did make me smile.

Apparently M&S outlet no longer exists on the internet.

Well I am a little dyslexic, but I think amazon must be too. [Www]

Last time I ended up on an iffy site was when I didn't do the '.co.uk' for a shop and just '.com'. Had a friend sat next to me and I was telling her that she 'had to' see this particular site. It was a shock believe me when the first page came up, I'm still not sure if she believed that I was on the wrong one, I had.[blink]

Doudoun, whatever have you been sipping this afternoon? Or maybe someone has added vodka by the gallon to your usual Wincarnis? There is a very big and very good M and S UK website which will fulfil your every desire (though no frilly toys which go buzzzzzzzz to order, as yet!!).

I cannot vouch for the pearls and twinset as I dont wear them these days; perhaps Norman could help there, as well as the long silk skirt for special occasions.

Meanwhile, I will put your lapse down to Spring fever which seems to have struck even ooop North!!

Remember that M&S stuff used to be marked St Michael, well, that is what I think that they started to do, take the Michael, with their prices, quality and customer service many years ago. Over many years when I would go back to England I saw this erosion of the aforesaid. I suppose one had to live away for it to seem so awful and it really was  so disappointing to me, who had always shopped there.  So now, I don't bother with them usually, but I do like a bargain, sometimes cannot resist a bargain, hence the 'outlet' store. 

Only seems that Amazon had other ideas, which amused me, at least, you should look at that page, or maybe next time I actually go near my nearest M&S I'll pop in and my eyes will pop!![Www]

I've had a few nice things from the outlet that used to be in Sluff. Including a really heavyweight cashmere jumper for £20. I always found it a bit like TK Maxx...useless if you are looking for something specific, but OK for impulse buys.

Oh, and I also got a waxed jacket with a detachable lining for £25 ...

[quote user="Russethouse"]

For good jumpers and cardigans try Woolovers online....[/quote]

I agree, RH. I bought 2 jumpers from them during the winter, lovely quality, machine washable, and cheap (£24).

As for M&S, I ordered a blouse from their french site, thinking postage would be cheaper, but it was sent from UK and took weeks - had to collect it from the PostOffice in the end; And when I got it the quality of the material was very poor, like an old rag. Gave it to the triage.

And I've had some poor quality things from John Lewis lately - they seem to be economising on cloth quality to keep the price down, still wasn't cheap, nearly sent some pyjamas back.

I love Woolovers and have been buying from them for both of us for quite some time. M. Idun has had most of his pullovers replaced with their stuff. The only one he doesn't really wear is their aran, as it is always too hot when he wears it and friends who knit, say that they couldn't knit it for the price I paid.

I just want a light acrylic cardigan at the moment, aka M&S, so I am going to have to give in and go into their stores to look. If it is still there, there was an outlet at Dalton Park, so I'll go there and see.

Friends who have made impulse buys from M&S outlets, have had excellent bargains, one friend has two skirts that were only a fivver each, she reckoned that they had been well over £40 originally.

See Wooly, there are some odd outfits on that amazon site, and not quite what I was looking for.[blink]

To those who wrote about Woolovers, thank you.

I'd never heard of it, so had a little look and liked what I saw. They have some kimono-sleeve tops almost the same as one I bought this morning in Monoprix; that one's linen and sapphire blue and those on Woolover's site are silk and cotton and in lots of colours. Thought I might buy several in different colours, ideal for skimming over lumps and bumps or the lack of........................ I'll wait until I'm back in England though, and bring them down next time. They have some woolen jumpers my fussy husband would like too.

The good thing about Woolovers is that they do have the actual size of the garments on each page. And they are correct. A friend made the mistake of buying a unisex jumper without looking at that bit and it was far too big.

I am a generous size, and if I have any doubts about sizing, I just call them, they are very very helpful.