The Budgie Has Landed!

Jonzjob

I was going to opt for The Eagle Has Landed, but this was a bit smaller  :-?

We are now ensconced in our bungalow in North Wilts after what seems to have been a very long move! The physical bit was when the movers arrived on the morning of the 14th Nov at 08.00. From then on it was duck or get stuffed on the waggon. They loaded up 2 big Trannies ready to put the stuff on the big 26 ton truch that was supposed to arrive Tuesday lunch time, but was delayed and arrived 08.00 Wednesday morning. They had finished loading by 12.30 and after we had done a quick final clean we were away by just after 3.

An overnight stop at Chateaureux and into Ouistraham by lunch Thursday for the 16.30 ferry. Overnight in a pub just outside Southampton and into collect the keys in Malmesbury by 11.30, totally knackered! I think that the icing on the cake of the drive up was the fog almost all the way from Chateaureax to Cean? Just as well I had the TomTom to tell me where the bends were  [:-))]

We are now trying to get our feet back underneath us and unpack some of the boxes. It's quite fun (?) trying to sort out what is in which box? And that's going by the fairly good packing list we have done? When we get fed up with that there's a very good pub in the village that has a lovely pint of 6X, so all is not lost [B]

I have to admit to feeling sad at leaving our lovely home in the Aude, but I also think that it would have been folly to stay for longer? We were going to have to move to somewhere smaller and we both thought that the move back was the best way to finish a lovely chapter in our lives. Now we are opening the next chapter and if it is half as wonderful as the 13 year long French jobbie then we will be very very lucky people.

We will be visiting our friends there from time to time and will look forward to that and we are looking forward to welcoming them here and showing them this lovely part of England. Some of our village walking group have already asked if they could come over for some walking?

JJ, glad to hear that your move has taken place, and all seems to be going well. What a tiring time, take your time unpacking all those boxes once you’ve got all the necessaties unpacked. I hope you’ll both be very happy in your new home - I’m sure you will be.

I can’t bear the thought of moving from our UK house, been there about 35 years and it’s too big for us, as is the garden, a huge task when we do finally get round to down-sizing! ?

Ta for all of the good wishes folks.

It was far more stressful moving back than over I have to admit. Not helped by the stupid things like having a SPANCing, passing the devis and information over to the buyers to find out that the compulsory replacement of the fosse is at the discretion of the buyers and being told that it's working fine to boot! As the French would say 'say-la-veeee' init?

We just hope that the house prices don't rocket if the Royals decide to move in??? [:-))]

Good choice of location, Jonz.

I've lived in Chippenham and worked in both Malmesbury and Chippenham.  I do like that part of Wiltshire though I have to admit to a bias for Somerset.

Are you renting as you planned to do or have you gone ahead and bought your place?  You must both have worked incredibly hard to have moved so far away, well done!

Would you say you have now moved out of Europe?[:D][:P]

We are renting for a year at the mo, but if the chance came up to buy the place we are in then I think we would jump at it. Not quite the 8 bed, 7 bathroom place just down the road, but probably would not carry a 7.75 mill price tag either [:-))]

Europe ??[8-)]

Oh yes, I remeber that town? I

t's south of here init [blink]

All I need now is a bit of workshop space and I can get back to butchering wood [geek]