Did Corbyn really say "Stupid woman"?

nomoss

I have no chip, actually, as it really doesn't matter to me what you say or do. However, I'm not necessarily representative of women as a whole, and I can clearly see why other women find it offensive. I'm happy to step up and express the opposite point of view where there's nothing but a bunch of good old blokes talking about women in terms that largely died out with Benny Hill and Les Dawson, though. Needless to say, copping out by accusing anyone who calls you out on behaving like a mysogynist or a sexist of having a "chip on their shoulder" says as much about your inability to accept someone else's point of view as anything else.

To be honest, over the years I've become totally immune to all the name calling and free character analysis from people who think they're somehow morally, socially or intellectually superior to me. I'm completely comfortable in my own skin, thanks. I'd rather be me than a fifties throwback.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BiB said:

"....an unpleasant woman, especially an older one, who is often angry and often tells other people what to do..."

And I wish I was a proper battle axe, I have led my life with not quite daring to do too many things I have fancied doing. This is my latest thing, t I am too often, just too polite to go the whole hog......It's all down to that boost of testosterone us older ladies get, when men are loosing theirs. [Www]

Still if I start getting a moustache, maybe I will just become a proper old battle axe...........[6]

With friends we have discussed inequality quite often this year........ and one friend in his 70's, actually believes that men are badly done to. As I have just said, I am too often too polite, because frankly his bleating about how hard life is for men.......... well, to be polite....... is doing my head in!!!