Trouble loading Firefox

mint

I can't seem to get firefox to work properly and I wonder if anyone else has this problem as well?

I tried Chrome but the adblocker does not seem to work there and so I am using Opera.

Sue, do you know of any problems with firefox? You seem to get all sorts of inside au courant information?

You could try resetting it to the default settings. https://malwaretips.com/blogs/reset-firefox-settings/

Have you already tried uninstalling Firefox, downloading the latest version and reinstalling?

If you have CCleaner or Glary Utilities it is worth running one of those (including the the registry cleaners) to try to get rid of any unwanted files/registry entries after you have uninstalled Firefox. Then reboot and reinstall.

Pomme, I haven't got very far!

I tried uninstalling and I kept getting the message to say that I must make sure firefox is not running in order to uninstall. As I can't load firefox, it is OBVIOUSLY not running?

How can I get past this message so that I can go ahead and uninstall?

Thank you for your patience.

If you are using Windows you can use the Windows Task Manager (start it holding down the Ctrl Shift Esc keys all together) then click on Applications or Processes, find Firefox and End Task/Process to force deletion of Firefox but it is probably easier just to reboot as Firefox shouldn't start automatically.

• 3 weeks later...
You said adblocker didn't work on Chrome?

I'm using Chrome and Adblock Plus is one of the must-have extension in my computer.

If you have any problem with it, you can find more information about it on online technology magazines like PCMag, Techgara,...

Besides, I don't find myself comfortable when using Firefox.

Thank you for your reply.  I haven't used Chrome for a while so I am not sure whether adds are still on it!

I think I may have to install adblocker again on all the browsers that I use.

But can you, or someone else, be kind enough to explain to me how I get sound back on Firefox?  No sound at all although the speaker is on.  I am talking specifically about youtube videos.

Usually, nowadays, YouTube is muted as you open it .. so up in the top area of the YouTube screen there is a symbol with a line through it indicating that the sound has been intentionally muted.

All you have to do is to left click on the icon and unblock the sound and it will leap into life ☺