BST

Alan Zoff

I am glad that we are not the only ones with car clocks that are always wrong. Although, I rather proudly managed what our garage did not manage last autumn, and changed the time. Whether I will be able to remember again, I have no idea, because I was messing on for about an hour when I managed.

I have started wearing a watch, cannot be doing with checking the time on my mobile phone, and the car clock will be what it will be now.

We have one of these multi things that act like a barometer, predicting weather, etc etc as well as an alarm and and clock. The alarm on that goes off at least twice a day and we cannot stop it.

It is now one of those things that anyone who comes into the house implies that we don't know what we are doing....... which in fairness, we don't, as we cannot stop it....... but that they know better. Everyone has had a go and the only thing that has happened is that the alarm times have changed, but the alarm goes off, dare I say, as regularly as clockwork.

The rest of the bloody thing works well though, so I loathe to remove the battery.

Everything seems to me to be far more complicated, and have far more options, than I really need.

Years ago we had a Renault 16 with very simple heater controls that worked brilliantly. Fresh air on my face, toasty warm feet. The heater in my present car has 20 pages of instructions in the vehicle manual which I really can't be arsed to read and would never remember if I did. And as for the trip computer settings, well, not a chance. Life's too short.

Although my 4 year old grandson would no doubt suss it all out in a flash.

By the time I get back into the car I might well have forgotten not only the time but the day .. but I do know how to change it when I remember ... but doesn't it all seem so unimportant at the moment .. priorities, priorities.  Because of the change of hour, I'm currently still n the wrong hour in my body and sleeping in .. today I thought, does it matter that I'm only having breakfast at 10am .. you are not going anywhere ..!!

[quote user="Alan Zoff"] Watched some o̶l̶d̶ Cheers episodes and then went back to bed. [/quote]

There, corrected that for you. They're as fresh today as when they were first screened. Isn't it time you were in bed?