Postbox Problem

Jon 1

When we arrived at our apartment last year we found that someone had gained access to our locked postbox in the foyer and completely removed the lock leaving it lying inside.
The door was open and our French mail was therefore accessable to anyone.
Would the French police or the Post Office be interested in this if we arrived and found it to be the same again?
In other words do they take a dim view of this, or would it be a case of the French shrug?
I mentioned it to the Syndic but they were disinterested.

My understanding is that any problem with common parts should first be addressed to the Elected Conseil Syndical (CS) rather than the Syndic. The CS should certainly take it very seriously and raise the matter with the Syndic as there may be an issue with security of the building. It might be worth checking on the Syndics policy with regards to informing residents of damage to their property whilst they are away or not resident. I would certainly expect to be informed of any damage that may need attending to. Dont accept any shrugs from the CS or the Syndic they are elected and paid for by you.

• 3 months later...
LAST EDITED ON 14-Jul-04 AT 12:47 PM (BST)

No, definitely cheese, and not cheesey!
It's treated with some sort of rennet but sold after one day (I believe) and can be eaten with salt or sugar. Best we ever had was in Pontigny. Cheese, Miki, cheese!
(It must be the hot weather!)

You can learn how to make it at
http://www.univers-nature.com/activites/fromage-blanc.html

Regards

Dick
BONO ANIMO ES

>>>>>>How about Fromage Blanc?<<<<<
>
>More like yoghurt than Cottage cheese
>isn't it Dick?
>
><<>>
>
>Really Dick, would you like to
>elaborate some more, age, sex,
>height, that kind of thing.
>
>
>Miki

Smacked legs and off to bed Miki!!

Dick, I use Fromage Blanc in cheesecakes, but I used to have cottage cheese with flavourings, prawn, salmon etc. with a salad for lunch, (very low cal.!)