Login problems

Jackie

• 1 month later...
Why do you ask? The problem I have is that I have to log on every time I enter the forum. Is there a way of ensuring that you remain logged on from one session to the next as there was with the old system?  I've done a quick search but can't find an answer. Pat.

Yes I find that I am not logged in when I come on to the site. If I want to look at the control panel then I just click on login and it appears. If I want to post a reply then clicking on that button seems to log me in automatically. I don't know a way of staying logged in for the next visit. Got used to it now so not really a problem for me................John in Dept 79 

When you first 'log in' click the 'If enabled, you will be automatically logged in again on future visits' box. If you click this box you will be able to login in future by pressing the 'login' button only and not keep filling your details out.

The session time out is set for 40 minutes so if you are not active within this time the forum will automatically log you off for security reasons.

If you are not logged in and click to reply to a message, the forum logs you on automatically again if you have previously clicked the 'If enabled, you will be automatically logged in again on future visits' box.