Session timed out

letrangere

Happened to me again this morning and it's infuriating.  Come of Admin, some of give a lot of thought and time to our postings - I was trying to explain language usage - and it's maddening to click on "post" merely to see the "session timed out" flag appearing.  I notice some clever people draft their replies somewhere else and presumably cut and paste but this isn't always feasible.  If you can't do anything to fix it, could you at least confirm how long we've got?  I'll then ensure I have an egg timer on my desk in future!

Thanks & regards

Margaret

Found that by using the back and forward arrows I can log back in and return to what I tried to post. I have even managed to 'force' a preview. A bit troublesome but I have found that sometimes I am 'session timed out' after only a couple of minutes.

Let's see if this will post.

Coral - soon to be in Ariege - I hope

[quote]"40 minutes"!? Can't believe I was working on my response for that long! But thanks for the confirmation anyway. M[/quote]

Tell you what, it's the shortest 40 mins I've come across. I got 'session timed out' twice today and according to my wanadoo-on-line-clock I've been on for 42 mins 50 secs, no make that 43 mins 6 secs, no hang about ------- oh sod it, not long enough to be booted off twice!

John (time flies when you are having fun donit?)