Instant Forum ?

Liz

A couple of weeks ago I had a bit of a disaster with my computer and wiped off practically everything so I had to re-install including the browser. I can now get a lot of the facilities such as Control Panel and Search that I couldn't get before, so every cloud ....

One thing that is now missing is immediate access to the Forum. I used to get straight in here with an address that included the words 'instant forum' that my browser remembered for me. Now I find I have to trawl through to the bottom of the page of rules before I can get access. Has this feature been altered in my absence or should I just be checking my browser settings?

Liz (29)

"A couple of weeks ago I had a bit of a disaster with my computer and wiped off practically everything so I had to re-install including the browser. I can now get a lot of the facilities such as Control Panel and Search that I couldn't get before, so every cloud ...."

Liz
Hope you don't mind my asking.  I'm presuming you are using Win XP and ask if you remember if you had upgraded your old machine from 98 or was it a new install.  I have a theory that is hard to prove without collecting other users experiences.  Several of us have had problems like this and I have 2 identical machines at home and work which act differently.  One was an upgrade the other a new install - have spent several weeks checking every setting that I can find, every patch and I think virtually every program to find the problem.  Convinced it has to be to do with this

[quote]"A couple of weeks ago I had a bit of a disaster with my computer and wiped off practically everything so I had to re-install including the browser. I can now get a lot of the facilities such as Contr...[/quote]

"Hope you don't mind my asking. I'm presuming you are using Win XP and ask if you remember if you had upgraded your old machine from 98 or was it a new install. "

I don't mind a bit but I don't think I can help much I'm afraid. On this desktop machine I'm still using Win95 and IE5. Win95 is the original backup from years ago but the IE5 comes from a Wanadoo disk currently available in the supermarkets. I have been a bit surprised at the differences there are from the previous set up, which, so far as I knew was exactly the same.

I also have access to a much more recent PC with XP and IE6 (I think) both installed from new. So far as I know all the Forum functions work fine on that one.

Liz