Active X

Iceni

I could not work out why the site had ground to a halt and then suddenly I tried turning off Active X controls and it is back to normal. Now I can no longer see the advert at the top of each page (the culprit) but I can again surf this site.

I realise that you have to have adverts but why cannot they be written so that they load quickly. I have decided to keep Active X controls turned off in future as it makes surfing so much faster and I gather very much safer.

[quote]I could not work out why the site had ground to a halt and then suddenly I tried turning off Active X controls and it is back to normal. Now I can no longer see the advert at the top of each page (the...[/quote]

There is something "dubious" about the banner at the top of the page. I have a “Flash Block” that has been stopping it anyway. Also the site has been slow for some time (compared to other UK (and elsewhere) sites).

My “flash block” (the Firefox add-in one) displays a icon button that allows you to manually click on it and play the object. This works everywhere but here it is just goes blank (which is fine from my perspective).

I've got FlashBlock 1.2.9 (which is the latest available from www.mozilla.com. Check for updates and a check for download the current version both have 1.2.9 as the latest - where can you get a later one from ?

(The missing banner flash is not a problem for me as its only of LF that this happens - everywhere else is fine)