Can anyone tell me how to solve a little problem i have?  Whenever i am browsing through old topics on any forum,  whenever i back out of a topic i am returned to the first (most recent) page of items.  This means that if i want to look at older topics i have to click on the "Next 15" until i get back to where i want to continue browsing.  Does anyone know how to avoid this delay? Thanks. 

Miki, Not sure what you mean ? If I can't see it I don't know if I'm missing it :-)

I use Firefox and press CTRL and use the scrolling wheel mouse button to change text size, is that one of the features ?

Colour icons and italics ? Got an example post to demonstrate and I'll view in FF and IE 4 U

Regards,

[quote]Miki, Not sure what you mean ? If I can't see it I don't know if I'm missing it :-)I use Firefox and press CTRL and use the scrolling wheel mouse button to change text size, is that one of the feature...[/quote]

It is difficult to explain but when I used I/E and when replying, I could see all the buttons to change text size, italics, colour etc. Now with Mozilla when I reply there is nothing in the heading to enable me to do anything other than write text.

I have just cut and pasted an example but when I pasted it on here, it simply reverted back to black and white and normal text.

http://forums.livingfrance.com/shwmessage.aspx?ForumID=275&MessageID=161656

If you look on this thread you will see that a few have coloured in the part they want to answer and have put the words in italics, then answered in plain text(non italics)I am now unable to see the controls to do that !!

Sorry Ian but that is the best way I can explain it, I think !

Cheers anyway.

Oh you mean like this, up and down etc. with italics

I didn't even know those controls existed :-)  They don' show up in Firefox. I had to use IE to do the stuff above. Couldn't see any option, even in IE, to make coloured text.

Looks like it must be some sort of incompatability/bug with Microsoft and Mozilla. I know there are some Javascript issues with IE/Firefox, it might be one of those. Maybe the LF IT guys can shed more light ?

[quote]Ian,Any idea how someone using firefox can get the italics, text change etc, colour icons etc working. All OK of course with IE but now with Mozilla and they are no longer there ![/quote]

Ian - Thanks.  This is just the sort of answer i was hoping for - solves my problem completely.

Best regards.

Looks like it must be some sort of incompatability/bug with Microsoft and Mozilla. I know there are some Javascript issues with IE/Firefox, it might be one of those. Maybe the LF IT guys can shed more light ?

It is the forum software that is the issue. The smilies and other features aren't available to all browsers, such as firefox.