There are two of me!!

Chrisb

I have just noticed that there is a forum member with the same log-in name as me (Where do you come from?  thread in Post Bag) and coincidentally I also live in Normandy (50) near to St Lo. I am not particularly bothered by the fact, but was surprised to see that 2 people could have the same name - some of the wind-up merchants that post on here could use it to their advantage to really set some sparks flying!!

Chrisb

"The forum software won't allow two users to use the same name. The other Chrisb in this case has a lower case 'c'."

Ummm.

That isn't all that different, then really, to allowing 2 people to have the same username. Or as many as there are letters in the original - 1.

I'm with Dick on this - I did notice after I had posted that the other Chris had a small 'c' but one wouldn't notice this at a casual glance - would it not be better for the names not to be 'case specific' - this would then avoid any possible confusion - just suppose someone decided to be dicksmith, miki, or god forbid, Outcast - what fun they could have!!

Chrisb

• 2 weeks later...