Fancy a Change

Hi,

I'm having problems changing my signature and all of my info on my profile.  Since I joined the forum I have been trying to have a avator and have had no joy.  I keep getting server application error for anything I try to do.  Please help.

Hi

This is probably not why you cannot achieve your aims, but I've found that it is impossible to do anything major - like adding an avatar, changing details etc - when the forum is busy. I kept getting a server error or a timeout or equivalent. So my advice is to try these adjustments at a quiet time - if you can find one. I experimented with an avatar yesterday, and it worked, but I deleted it 'cos it wasn't the 'right' one.

Keep trying.[:)]

Sue 

I recently changed users from aol to wanadoo and my e-mail address has changed.  I've only just realised that when I log onto CF I am still coming up on my old address.  However, I changed it on my profile and it is visible on there.  Very strange!

Twinkle, I think the address thing may be your problem.  I had registered with one address, then switched to another one.  The forum still recognizes me by the OLD address, and would never let me put in an avatar or make any changes.  

When I switched everything back to that old address (which I still use, so it wasn't a problem) it stopped giving me those error messages.

You probably need James to straighten everything out.

PG

I don’t know exactly how the forum is configured, nor how it works.  However, admin/technical people have commented before that the way Archant have set things up is to use your e-mail address as your “unique ID” (hence the issues with searching for posts by a person – you need to use their e-mail address which is secret.  I wonder if this is causing the problems when people try to change their e-mail address – as its effectively changing their “unique ID”.

Just a thought

Ian

Twinkle,

If you change your email address back to the original one (your login email address) and then load an avatar and sig and then save.

Then go back in and change your email address to your new one and save. This should work.

If you still have a problem, send me your sig and avatar and I will upload it for you.

James