How do I solve these problems.

Baz

Firstly, There are  no indications that a message is waiting in my box and that seems very strange as how do I know to when to look. If the messages system is to work then surely there has to be a warning that there is one unread. The problem is that messages have remained unanswered for days or weeks as I have no notification.

Secondly, I have been trying to edit some of my details and everytime I click "Save Changes" this is what happens.

Server Error in '/cs' Application.

Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'UserId', table 'LCommunityServer.dbo.aspnet_Profile'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. The statement has been terminated.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'UserId', table 'LCommunityServer.dbo.aspnet_Profile'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. The statement has been terminated.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'UserId', table 'LCommunityServer.dbo.aspnet_Profile'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.

The statement has been terminated.]

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream) +742

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +195

CommunityServer.Controls.EditProfile.Update_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1046

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +108

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +57

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1292

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300

I am sorry about the width of this post but it is happening automatically.

Baz

Hi Baz,

You should receive an email notification of each PM message you receive.

The message you are getting when trying to save your details is due to your login email address and contact email address being different. If you change these two email so they are the same you will be able to save your detail change. After you have saved you can change the contact email address back.

James