Information re CU

Evianers

We are surprised that although 88 people have viewed our posting regarding the on-going subject of Communaute universelle and its implication, no-one has yet commented in The Post Bag section. Ergo, we feel perhaps it should have gone into the legal heading. An interesting snippet appeared in the BNP Paribas' September magazine : "La communaute universelle est donc en majorite choisie par des personnes de plus de 60 ans sans enfants ou avec des enfants autonomes. Jusqu'au 31 decembre 2005, la loi de finances pour 2004 offre la possibilite d'adopter ce regime matrimonial, ou un autre regime communautaire, sans perception au profit du Tresor." Ah ha, we thought, super we thought. But could some kind soul please give the translation of the last six words, so that we are like the Irishman, to be sure, to be sure. Thanks.

The Percepteurs are the tax collecters, so I would assume in this case that the perception would be tax. But I wouldn't dream of telling you what the last six words really mean without legal advice. Especially as it says  'enfants autonome',? I have always been told by notaires that the children had to be consulted.