Buttons and posts

Gardengirl

Buttons to reply by email and PM come and go regularly; they're back this afternoon, so all is well.

However, posts which I know were there a couple of days ago had disappeared this afternoon. They returned earlier, then disappeared again. Weird!

I also see that some posts I read a day or two ago read as 'today' in the legend.

There's a wicked gremlin at work!

Jo

When you say that PM and email buttons disappear, do you mean that you see only a little red cross in a white box, or that you see nothing at all?

Can you be more specific about which posts did the disappearing act?  Perhaps we can find a reason.

EDIT: one thing you can try is checking your Internet Explorer options (assuming that you use IE).  Hit the Tools button on your Internet Explorer menu, and select Internet Options.

Then in the General tab, under Temporary Internet Files or Navigation History, click on Settings

Check for newer versions of stored pages should be set to Every visit to the page.

Thank you both for your helpful replies. As you will gather, I have no technical knowledge at all! I looked up at the top of ther page, found it didn't say 'edit your details', but did say 'log in'; put in my details, et voila! Buttons are there, and I'm assuming the messages will be also - I thought I'd post to you both first.

Sorry to be such a nuisance to you; I come to the same machine in this internet cafe each time we're in France, and normally I'm logged in, and can send lots of messages; don't know what has changed.

We signed up with Neuf this week, have received our box already, and will be online in about 10 days; I'm hoping for calm waters then. My husband is looking forward to paying less then! I seem to get through 4 hours worth (10 euros) very quickly!

Thanks again,

Jo

Glad to be of help gardengirl. 

Just one thing though, if you are using the internet on a "public" computer, you should always log off of any sites you have been using when you have finished.  If you don't, anyone using the computer after you could post on forums as if they were you,  access private information, or even get into your internet banking!

Yes, it's me again!

I do always log off at the internet cafe, but thanks for the reminder, Cat. And such friendly helpful replies are greatly appreciated.

Now, problem page again! I'm back here, logged in - shows 'edit your details', which I will look for at each visit now, and I'm finding old messages dated 'today', which I'm sure are older:

One by Philouis, marked 'today 12.16', which I thought was a few days old.

One by Chancer marked 'today 11.09', again I think is older.

A post of mine from yesterday in Cooking, headed 'SOS', which when clicked on says 'today'.

Conversely, under 'Vehicle Safety', posts look totally up to date. And one of my posts from earlier today is there; 'International mobile calls in France', in Sat. TV etc.

Any thoughts?

Jo

Oh dear, that's something else I hadn't noticed - I think I'll have to write lines - 'I must look at all wording on the page, not just what I feel at home with'!

I've just looked at it, and will also use that. But the strangely dated posts remain a mystery!

Thanks, Jo

PS Despite reading instructuions I still don't seem to manage smilies etc.