Warning: Garden thieves

Washy

All my apples have been stolen. Again.....We have 100 apple trees, Royal Gala, and I have yet to taste one.....went to the orchard yesterday and every single one was gone. Lots of the branches were broken, in the collector's haste no doubt. My first thought was wild boar, but for wild boar to strip 100 apples trees overnight would mean a large amount of boar. And then these 'wild boar' knew about apples, they left some of the rotten ones and left all of the apples on the pollinator trees which are not so good for eating....fussy old boars.

I spoke to a few locals about this and apparently this happens a lot out here in the 'wilds', groups arrive to strip trees of cherries, plums apples etc. and in the autumn rose hips. Organised groups from? Who knows ? I am not the only one so far.

Fences next year.

Be warned.

Washy (11)

It's a problem in 24, 87 & 19 as well.

well I was thinking that the birds had stripped my cheery trees bare (all 5) in the two days between my gardener being there and me arriving - now I am not so sure! Wonder if the walnuts will go the same way?

www.limousingites.net

Funny you should say that, we thought it was the local kids in our garden as we have, in the past, lost Cherries, Grapes and Almonds to name a few. Now we have had more of the garden cleared we can now look forward to losing Apples, Pears, Apricots and Figs!! We got to the Plums before we came home to GB.
P.S. They also got our Tulips and Irises in 24 hours when we were there at Easter...
Terry (part time 11 )