sleepy Chirac

SaligoBay

Not sure why this is a news item, but apparently Mr Chirac went on a 3-hour flight to Russia to see Mr Putin.  The scandal is that the flight took twice as long as it should have, because Mr Chirac wanted to sleep on the plane.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3642294.stm

It's a delightful piece of non-news, even shows the flight path!

While you're there, read all about the Chiracs' food bill - what a greedy pair! 

Mr Chirac is of course immune to all charges of anything against him while in office (including corruption), thanks to.... ummm.... no, the name escapes me, who ensured that this particular immunity was firmly in place....?

There, now those of you still stuck in Britain, take heart.  What will you do when you move to France and can't have your daily ToneMoan?   Throw some Flak at Jak instead, it's just as much fun.       

I wonder why he went overnight in the first place?  If a good night's sleep is so important to him you would have thought his aids would have worked his schedule so that he could fit in a day time flight.  I told my own boss years ago that I was far too long in to the tooth to travel on red eyes, even if it does mean I have to travel a day earlier.  And my job isn't quite as important as M. Chirac's.

Re their food bills, they're notorious for living well.  Remember when he was Maire of Paris?  Their household accounts were published in full and made fascinating reading...

By the way, where does he holiday?  Anyone know?

M

ps: personally I always find it very funny when people post that a reason for leaving Britain is to escape Tony Blair.  And find it even more ironic when they land in France yet take no interest in French affairs preferring to watch British TV and news.