[quote]A couple more to add to that shopping list: British Columbia and New Zealand. IMHO South Africa has a lot going for it, but you can keep Oz.[/quote]

My husband was born in Vancouver and still holds a Canadian passport meaning we could move and work there tomorrow if we wished.  He has just return from a 2 week visit and still complains it is the most boring place on this planet. He acknowedges it is beautiful, safe, clean, surrounded by beautiful moutains and sea but somehow lacking a certain buzz.  But he would quite happily move to Seattle or San Fansciso. We are all different, one mans meat is another mans poison, there is no right or wrong in prefering one place to another.

Diana

[quote]We once posted a thread 'who settles best' which obtained a great many responses. We have lived six years in Switzerland, eleven years in South Africa, six years in Australia and now twelve years in B...[/quote]

Please post the reasons, if they are not too personal as to why France came out on top,  we are missing those type of posts these days.

Georgina

[quote]My husband was born in Vancouver and still holds a Canadian passport meaning we could move and work there tomorrow if we wished. He has just return from a 2 week visit and still complains it is the m...[/quote]

>But he would quite happily move to Seattle or San Fansciso. We are all different, one mans meat is another >mans poison, there is no right or wrong in prefering one place to another.

I've had the ability to work in the US for several years (visa+job in place, nr San Fran), but I choose to work from home from S France instead. The French think I am crazy to do this, the Americans (at least the ones I socialize with) think I'm in some kind of paradise down here.

The problem with emigrating and travelling is that you want bits of everything from all over the place at the same time, and you will never be satisfied.