A Place in the Sun

Mark

Hi, Did anyone see A Place in the Sun on Thursday 11th November (Nottingham couple looking in Normandy).

I believe the had a look at Camembert and would love to know the details of where and when, etc (don't suppose anyone video taped it either!!!)

Currently, Channel 4 have no plans to repeat the programme, so we may never know if our place was on the telly...

Many thanks,

Mark61120

Gay, I think you're right about it being a repeat for I remember we discussed the programme here when it first came out, I would hazard a guess two years back.  The house you're referring to is possibly in Flers (61)?  I remember the thread for I was taken to task at the time by some Normandy residents for having the audacity to say that "the place in the sun" label was a bit wide of the mark.  Beautiful countryside, pretty villages and terrific food and drink but it's not somewhere I'd think of moving too if guaranteed sunshine was a priority.  M

I think it was a new one, in their new hour long format. They "did" Normandy several times before in the half hour format, which have been repeated endlessly.

As usual the usual rubbish information, such as "you can get a gardener for £5 an hour".

The colombage house looked like a new build, had no old poutres at all. What a waste. That is what they eventually bought.

I didn't see it all, either, but I'm sure that house was in Flers, while some of the others were around the Falaise region. I was under the impression that the house they finally bought was old, but appeared to have been repaired and extended somewhat, shall we say, unsympathetically.

As a Norman resident I would agree that the title of the programme is a bit misleading - though I'm sure places even further north than Normandy (Scotland? Sweden?) have been featured. Even so there was no shortage of sun here in 2003 and according to the BBC weather pages it's much warmer at night here than in Nice at present - in fact we are having the same tempertaures as Bordeaux

Well I did see it, but somehow when you realise that prices are outdated and info is often not accurate you just tend to mentaly 'switch off'

Like another contributer I just couldn't see why they chose the house they did, utterly charmless to me - good job we are not all the same

Sorry no really helpful recollection.