Rotten Labour nanny state.....

Alcazar

According to EU law you're allowed to take up to 3 months medication for personal use with you.

if you travel to the UK or other country it's wise to have the so called 'Export Statement' or 'Declaration d'Exportation' with you.

This export statement needs to be filled out and signed by your pharmacien. This gives you permission to have medication for up to 3 months with you. You can find the form here: http://agmed.sante.gouv.fr/ang/index.htm Almost at the bottom of the page is a link to the Export Statement form, it's a .pdf file so you can save it do disk and print out as many as you'll need.

The dextropropoxyphene I use is 400mg Paracetamol and 30 mg dextropropoxyphene. Just take your co-prox to your French dr. and ask for the French equivalent.

Of course I assumed that you are living here, but even when you're here temporarily you'll have the right to health care. If they cut out your medication you have to find ways around it, after all it's _your_ quality of living that's at stake and you have a right to at least maintain the same level. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

--

Tink (22)

How are the tablets packaged ? Apparently the max is 8 a day, take 10 and you are done for !

Also patients on the maximum dose should not drink at all.(and others, very little)

I can see there is a problem, 80 people a year dying by accident is too many, but surely there are other measures that could be taken........better advice at the pharmacy, possibly changing the packaging, making the warnings bigger on the packet etc.

Hope you get somewhere with this.....