UK Storage Heaters In Our French Abode

I've been told differing stories regarding the use of UK electrical equipment in France.

We want to take our UK Dimplex storage heaters and use them in France, they are nearly new, does anybody know if there will be any problems in doing this. We have dedicated electrical heater points in the French property. 

If you really want storage heaters and you are in the U.K. you could try what my ex-neighbour did. She looked in the local newspaper, there were a number of people giving them away because they are a waste of space. The only reason my neighbour wanted them was to replace the ones she had that were clapped out. I installed them for her and all through the winter she had a bigish fire going to make her Cotswold stone cottage livable. My house was the other half of the semi-detached cottages, we had LPG fired boiler with radiators and an open fire which we rarely lit.

They normally weigh in at about 100 lbs or so, some are lighter, but a smaller capicity. They take a couple of days to warm up and if the weather gets warm they take a couple of daze to cool down. Not my idea of fun, but?

Why not use the electric wall heaters that the bricos have. They warm up quickly and seen fairly efficient in this rented house. Give us 3 weeks and we will be in our new, to us, permanent home with low temp under floor heating, yummee!

I'm in France too, but I don't kick about. I just enjoy it and look back on our holidaze over the past 18 years or so with good memories.

John.

If you really want storage heaters and you are in the U.K. you could try what my ex-neighbour did. She looked in the local newspaper, there were a number of people giving them away because they are a waste of space. The only reason my neighbour wanted them was to replace the ones she had that were clapped out. I installed them for her and all through the winter she had a bigish fire going to make her Cotswold stone cottage livable. My house was the other half of the semi-detached cottages, we had LPG fired boiler with radiators and an open fire which we rarely lit.

They normally weigh in at about 100 lbs or so, some are lighter, but a smaller capicity. They take a couple of days to warm up and if the weather gets warm they take a couple of daze to cool down. Not my idea of fun, but?

Why not use the electric wall heaters that the bricos have. They warm up quickly and seen fairly efficient in this rented house. Give us 3 weeks and we will be in our new, to us, permanent home with low temp under floor heating, yummee!

I'm in France too, but I don't kick about. I just enjoy it and look back on our holidaze over the past 18 years or so with good memories.

John.