Clafoutises

Am I the only one to have noticed that someone has posted, in the Food and Wine section, to ask what their clafoutis should look like?

This really is too embarrassing for words.  Why, for God's sake, don't they just ask their doctor?

Oh dear, deary me.  I've just realised... it was a man who made the posting!  Whatever next!

[quote]Am I the only one to have noticed that someone has posted, in the Food and Wine section, to ask what their clafoutis should look like? This really is too embarrassing for words. Why, for God's sake...[/quote]

Yes but it all depends what gender he caught it off.

I thought everyone knew I was an old nag!  And I can ASSURE you, my husband wouldn't be hanging round for long if I was a man

Thankfully, I was told that my clafoutis sounded as though it was perfect but I was told I couldn't possibly have a REAL clafoutis if I wasn't from the Correze!!!  Trouble is, even though I am a woman, can I hope to keep my husband if I can't provide him with a real, genuine clafoutis?

Dear Coco

Now I am panicking  I am not from the Correze, I sometimes make my own clafoutis, but more sinister my French girlfriend often brings a homemade clafoutis if she calls round.  I have long suspected cultural differences, but in these 'furrin' parts does this have another meaning.

Is she trying to lure Him Indoors with something that I a mere English woman, not from the Correze, can never offer.  I thought my impots form was complicated but now you and that wretched Swiss Barry have given me a whole new set of things to worry about.

Maggi

PS Do you think Swiss Barry has ever seen a real clafoutis - and more to the point should he even be mentioning such things on a public forum