Property Site Down?

in recent weeks I have been making enquiries of the various french property sites in UK and France and getting further info etc. 

Thanks to all who have contributed and helped me.

Does anyone know if the following sites continue to operate, or if they are no longer in existence.  One of them has been dormant for about 6 weeks.

www.reposenfrance.net

www.mayenneproperties.com

www.frenchpropertyshop.com

Thanks

Lynne

One of those has been the subject of some discussion on our Normandy/Mayenne forum - it appears to have spawned a clone recently. There also appears to be a similarly-named site started up in opposition, from which I think one has to draw one's own conclusion. http://www.letheil.com/cgi-bin/vnforum/ikonboard.cgi?s=42513dcd4c30ffff;act=ST;f=5;t=52 and an older topic http://www.letheil.com/cgi-bin/vnforum/ikonboard.cgi?s=42513dcd4c30ffff;act=ST;f=5;t=19 might help.

My view would be that if you don't get a reply in a reasonable time without a very good reason then they aren't really interested in dealing with you. French companies aren't always very good at e-mail, so try phoning (they will spak English). Did you have have any particular recommendations that directed you to those particular sites? There are plenty of other, good, companies that you can find from sources like Living France magazine or a search on Google (the switched-on companies make sure their sites are at the top of Google listings).

Thanks.  I have been made aware of the history concerning the mayenneproperties and other sites but that doesn't concern my work.

The closely named site I assume you to mean www.mayenneproperties.fr

This isn't a property sales site though, but it might be described, in journalistic terms, as a 'spoiler'.  Nonetheless, the information appears accurate and, dare I say helpful to those not wanting to fall into the intermediary agency 'trap'.

My original reasons for posting was relative, not only to lack of response, but also that the sites were either down or had not been updated for a considerable period, having previously been fairly well maintained. 

best wishes Lynne

• 4 weeks later...

I think you may find that they were part of a recent 'cull' by the gendarmes in Mayenne of 'english property sites'.  They may well still be in operation because they do building, although there are local artisans who may wish to dispute that.

I have noticed though, since the start of this thread, that the site appears to be dead.