Emoticon Madness

Hello to everyone

I don't know whether other people experience this, but, these emoticons......they breeeeeed.

I quite like the ones here, on LF, but any other forums, well, they seem to multiply. I have recently seen dancing (and I think, laughing), bananas right smack in the middle of a conversation about innapropriate use of pictures of women who are basically slaves.

Maybe I go to too many sites, I don't know. I sometimes see here, that people use them in  a very out of order (to me) ways. e.g

I might imply that I wish you were all dying from a horrible disease, then say;

'Regards, hope y'all have a nice day '

Does that emoticon make the words OK?

Is using 'emoticons' in itself, something of a modern illness, and have I (OK you then) got it??????

It is something I have noticed (not on LF but on other sites). People say e.g. “You are a right b*****d and ” then put a smiley face and its like the smiley face is expected to negate the insults. To me this makes little sense. I can see that they can help emphasis what is meant on occasions but they are used by some for other reasons.

As for the animated ones – amusing but again I’ve seen posts which are nothing but the same animated thing repeated again and again and again – no text, just the same animated thing repeated. Maybe I’m old fashioned or plain out of date but I have difficulty understanding what such a post is about. What is the author saying in such a post.

Ian

".....What is the author saying in such a post"

What a clever Dickie with emoticoms they are perhaps ?

It's alright for them, we are with Mozilla and can't even see half the stuff on LF anyway !! (wink, smile, laugh, giggle, jump about.....see we Mozillas have no way of using a full range of the damned things and if we do, I ain't got a clue how they work !!) Well OK, I know of 4 of them by their code.....

I would love to see a dancing banana! I recently bought a banana tree from Madame Flugenbeek in Firfol, she is a lovely pudgey blonde woman with big hands and a very jolly laugh. I do look forward to seeing her, even though she flogged me a dodgy Lavatera! She did make amends though, and compensated me with a generous discount on me new banana tree. I shall be going to see her on monday to pick up a load of David Austin Roses and a Wisteria.

Why don't they do emotioncons in beautiful birds or flowers instead of silly yella faces with strange pusses? Imagine a lovely Robin Redbreast or a little Blue Tit chirping away? I love birds, specially the green ones with red heads.

How come you never see an emotioncon with tears anyway?

Emotioncon, I like that, it's exactly what I was referring to.

How come you never see an emotioncon with tears anyway?

You do see them elsewhere, tears squirting out like fountains. Tragic really, I envisage a whole generation of people who are young now sending 'condolences on your bereavement' texts (ha, Chrisc) littered with squawking icons.

There's one available here, but it isn't crying, look

It just says it is!